1. What’s going on? Please introduce yourself and tell us where you’re from.
I’m Pure Label J’K coming at you from Tampa Bay chillin like a villain in the shade. 🙂
2. When did you start rapping and who or what inspired you?
I began my journey as an artist in 2010 while attending St. Petersburg College for audio engineering. It’s funny because I was so bad at songwriting back then, I threw away the thumb drive that those songs were on. LOL. won’t #Shaderoom ME 😀 haha
3. With so many independent artists out here what makes you different & sets you apart?
There’s so much good talent out here that it took me a few years to hone in on who exactly I am as an artist.. In 2014, around my 24th birthday, I started to delve more deeply into songwriters like John Lennon and Sade to figure out their writing styles, to try for myself. After writing my song “Feel Like Drugs”, which is co-written by Alisha Pass of ATL, I felt a sort-of paradigm shift in my writing. My sound was created. So what makes me feel like i’m the next new face if this industry, is my rawness and fearlessness. I’m not afraid to be myself and sing about women in my lyrics. I will stand up for whatever I believe in whole-heartedly. Despite the lifestyle rejection I may receive. That makes me, ME.
4. Tell us something you enjoy doing [besides music]that most people don’t know.
I love decorating my home! lol I can never pass the home section at wal-mart at home depot.
5. Currently, what project or single are you working on or pushing & where can we find it?
I got that coooodeeeeiinnneee in my hand! Lol My first mixtape #Codeine just dropped on soundcloud with the first single being “She Bodied” a Tampa Tribute song. I must say, I’m proud of my growth and hope everyone takes a second to listen.
6. What’s been the most memorable moment so far in your music career?
Everything has been crazy for me! Coming from knowing nothing about the industry to performing at the hottest showcases and releasing the best music I’ve ever made.. It has really opened my eyes and made the dream a reality. Love this journey and every memory.
7. If you could work with any artist, (current or past) who would it be and why?
If I had to pick one, right now Missy Elliott because she’s always been one of my biggest influences and I plan on emulating her role in the music industry. (Songwriter, artist, producer, individual)
8. What are your goals musically for 2016?
Next year I will be campaigning for my Summers In Florida project, which will be an EP all about inspired by the Florida sun in the most cool/creative way. I CAN’T WAIT! Fuego.. that’s all I’m sayin lol
9. What’s your favorite quote?
A minor setback is a setup for a MAJOR comeback! I’m a testimony of that.
10. Tell everyone where they can find you? [Websites, Social media, Booking info etc]
I’m a snapper lol 😀 @PurJK or you can IG me @PureLabel and from there you can find my other links
11. What words would you like to leave us with? Any Shout Outs?
Yes. Tampa is a beautiful city with immense potential. Give me a listen and I promise you’ll be convinced.
Shout out to the city 813 and everyone reading. Peace!