1. What’s going on? Please introduce yourself to THE GRYND REPORT and tell us where you’re from.
What’s up. My name is Celina Lina originally from Jacksonville FL (northside raised me) and now ATL adopted me.
2. When did you start singing and who or what inspired you?
I’ve been singing since I was 4 years old. I always loved watching music videos by Ashanti, Aaliyah , Brandy and many more. They had me standing in front of the tv using a comb as my microphone and blanket as my hairweave but, seriously music has always been in my blood. It led me to the school of the arts and that’s where I learned to read music and more
3. With so many independent artists out here what makes you different & sets you apart?
I’m genuine and I’m not trying to be a fantasy. When you see Celina Lina you see me. She’s a real chick, authentic and honest. Some people tell me I’m too honest but, that’s their problem. We shouldn’t sell lies to our future (kids and youth). I’m just me. I love laughing and being myself. I think every woman should be themselves 100 percent all the time.
4. Tell us something you enjoy doing [besides music] that most people don’t know.
Well other than eating… I enjoy laughing. I actually dedicate 1 hour a day to finding things amusing just to clear my mind of the worldly things going on right now.
5. Currently, what project or single are you working on or pushing & where can we find it?
‘About You ‘ prod by Jtonit it’s the first single off of my upcoming project ‘The Rebirth’ right now you can find it via soundcloud.com/
I’ll also be featured in Tone the Goat’s new film ‘What It Took’ featuring DC young fly and many more awesome actors and actresses
6. What’s been the most memorable moment so far in your music career?
Great question. Everything. Everything is memorable from my first single hitting the radio to singing the national anthem on CW 17 it’s all memorable because it gets me one step closer to the many goals I set for myself.
7. If you could work with any artist, (current or past) who would it be and why?
Queen Latifah she has mastered almost every field in the entertainment business and is still respected. She answers to no one and she’s strong.
I would love to just sit down and talk to her .
I would also love to write a record with Future for those who do their research . Future is an impeccable songwriter.
8. What are your goals musically for 2016?
Expanding my audience. I write music so I’d love to write for a few artists and with some other writers.
The ultimate goal is to go Platinum and it will happen in due time 🙂
9. What’s your definition of Grynd?
The hustle. The hardwork. It’s the climb to your goals and what you’re doing to get there.
10. Tell everyone where they can find you? [Websites, Social media, Booking info etc]
Book me for performances, hosting, acting , features and more email Booking@unimusicgroup.com